At Halley we understand that greater things are always on the horizon and that success is not an end point. We are at our best when we are striving for something better. We all commit to school improvement; ensuring that we take time to celebrate what we do well, to consider ways in which we may build on our strengths and to rethink things that may not be working as well as we want them to.
Our motto, "Including all learners and achieving great things" sums up our vision and is applicable to all our pupils, their families our staff and other members of the wider community. We understand that for some of our school community the barriers to learning and achievement are significant and we work tirelessly to ensure that all are included meaningfully in the life, work and thinking of the school. For our staff to be the best they can be, they too must continue to learn, to improve their skills and receive time and appropriate support to develop. Training and development is central to the school's organizational structures. We recognize that we can add significant value to the life and work of the school by working in partnership with parents, families and the wider community.
The school has defined 7 principles through which it aims to provide a learning environment for all associated with it. These are the principles through which we evaluate our work:
Independence, Time, Communication, Achievement, Relationships, Equality (incorporating Equal Opportunities and Respect), Security = ("ITCARES")
1) You will know yourself well - your interests, your strengths, your learning style and the support that you need. You will make choices and will find strength to make up your own mind.
See how our vision looks in action independence
2) You will be given time to do things well, to pursue your interests both in and out of school and to develop a love of learning. You will know how to plan and use your time effectively.
See how our vision looks in action time
3) You will be given opportunities to "speak" and you will be listened to. Your opinions will always be valued and your voice will be heard.
See how our vision looks in action communication
4) You will know what it feels like to be good at something and will have achieved your very best.
See how our vision looks in action achievement
5) You will have known friendship and learned how to get along well with other people.
See how our vision looks in action relationships
6) You will be treated fairly and will treat others with respect. You will appreciate just how unique you are. You will believe in yourself and feel confident that you will achieve your goals.
See how our vision looks in action Equality
7) You will feel safe and secure and proud of your school. You will feel part of your local community and will have explored the local area.
See how our vision looks in action security
8) We are lucky to live in London - a diverse city where all people can live happily side by side.
See how our vision looks in action togetherness
9) Teamwork - Together Everyone Achieves More.
See how our vision looks in action team
Reviewed and revised January 2013