Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Safeguarding children and child protection applies to all children up to the age of 18.
Designated Child Protection Officers
The Designated Safeguarding Leads at Halley Primary School are:
- Shoshannah Thompson (Headteacher)
Designated Safeguarding Team:
- Kathleen Jeffers (Assistant Headteacher)
- Helen Collinge (Assistant Headteacher)
- Shan Hardy (Inclusion and SEND Lead)
- Nilufa Salik (Inclusion and Welfare Officer)
- Carly Holmes (Child Protection Governor)
What to do if you are concerned about a child
Children and young people have the right to grow up safe from harm or abuse. If you are worried about a child or young person, please contact one of the designated leads above. They can be reached through the school office on 020 7265 8061, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.